Oahu North Shore Dive Charters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txgoose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have read great reviews here for Hawaiian Diving Adventures and Kaimana Divers. And, I am willing to go to Honolulu if they are simply the best. That said, if there are good charters out of some of the North Shore operators, I would prefer that logistically.

Surf-n-Sea? Eco Divers? Banzai? I don't see them mentioned (search-fu could be messed up as well) here on SB and that gives me pause.

Thanks,

Thx for the shout outs scuba squad....... TXGoose, when are you visiting? North Shore dives are "tempermental" at best during winter months due to huge swells. Give us a little more info on your trip and we can be helpful in guiding you. Mahalo!

G

Good evening.

My family is coming out the first part of June. I was trying to research well ahead of time. Apologies for the mix-up on the time of year. We will be staying in Haleiwa. I am hoping to get in two, two tank dives; I didn't see many/any three tank dives. I am not opposed to shore dives but my wife cannot carry her gear for more than 30 or 40 easy yards. I can make two trips to haul gear if it would help. What I may do to get more dives in for the boys is do two boat dives and one shore dive, where the wife relaxes at the house for the shore dive. We will be there Monday to Monday. My thoughts are to dive Tue/Thur/ Sat if we can even fit three in. Because I assume they will all be shallow reef dives, we'd be fairly flexible on days.

My immediate family (four of us) will be in the 20-25 dive range. However, we will have an additional diver that will be more or less brand new. My main goal for having the family start this past year, was not to get us deeper, but to get us comfortable by the time we hit HI. Point being, with our new diver and our still budding experience, reef dives seem the logical choice to keep us all within our comfort zone. We only have five "clear water" dives. We are still so new that almost anything is going to impress the heck out of us. My only real personal goal is to see turtles. Turtles are ultimately what got us into this sport.

I appreciate your time.
Goose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom