Oahu Vacation March 21-27, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunkee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello there,

I'll be in Oahu for vacation on March 21-27, 2007. The trip is my girlfriend's birthday present, but she doesn't dive or snorkel. I have friends who live on the island, but don't dive either. I'd like to do a day of diving on a boat or shore diving with some locals.

About me: just over 250 dives with majority in the "warm" waters of California. It will be a nice change to not dive in my drysuit. I'm YMCA certified up to Rescue Diver. I'll have my camera so I'd like to dive with a dive operator that doesn't rush me around from one point to another.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Ericson

scubajunkee:
Any recommendations?
Have not dove with her yet, but contact Justleesa on the board here. From what I read, she and her husband run the kind of operation that suits photographers, and know where the critters are.

Hi I am a commercial photographer and a scuba instructor. Check out my websites divewithdave.com & DaveSanfordStudios.com If you dive with me we can do a 2 tank boat dive for $130. That will include any equipment you need and it will just be you and me. If you want me to include other divers I would only do it if they were at the same experience level, but I could then do it for less money. At this time I don't have any divers booked after March 16th.

I will be in Makaha from the 23 - 1 of march. I will be looking for a Buddy for a shore dive or 2. But then I am not a regular. or even a Local Just visiting. I have heard of some good diving near Makaha though.

I second contacting Justleesa (Lisa of Oahuscubadivers) and diving with her and her husband, Roger. My buddy and I dived with them in December and were quite pleased. You'll get the royal treatment, also.

Jcsgt:
I second contacting Justleesa (Lisa of Oahuscubadivers) and diving with her and her husband, Roger. My buddy and I dived with them in December and were quite pleased. You'll get the royal treatment, also.

I concur. They're AWESOME!! :D

Hey Scubajunkee,

I will in Honolulu visiting my daughter. She goes to UH and she is a PADI AOW. I am PADI Rescue. Dive mostly drysuit of California coast. Probably around 200 total dives in the last 3 years alone. Last time in the water was 25 dives in 6 days at Puerto Galera, Philippines (May 2006) and 5 dives during a trip to Oahu July of 2006. I am anxious to get wet again!

Let's buddy up!

Mouth Breather

Mouth Breather,

That sounds like a good idea! I'll PM my contact info. If you want to get some dives in before then, the club I belong to, North Coast Divers, will be diving in Monterey the weekend of March 17-18.

- Ericson

Mouth Breather:
Hey Scubajunkee,

I will in Honolulu visiting my daughter. She goes to UH and she is a PADI AOW. I am PADI Rescue. Dive mostly drysuit of California coast. Probably around 200 total dives in the last 3 years alone. Last time in the water was 25 dives in 6 days at Puerto Galera, Philippines (May 2006) and 5 dives during a trip to Oahu July of 2006. I am anxious to get wet again!

Let's buddy up!

Mouth Breather

scubajunkee:
Hello there,

I'll be in Oahu for vacation on March 21-27, 2007. The trip is my girlfriend's birthday present, but she doesn't dive or snorkel. I have friends who live on the island, but don't dive either. I'd like to do a day of diving on a boat or shore diving with some locals.

About me: just over 250 dives with majority in the "warm" waters of California. It will be a nice change to not dive in my drysuit. I'm YMCA certified up to Rescue Diver. I'll have my camera so I'd like to dive with a dive operator that doesn't rush me around from one point to another.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Ericson

I also recommend JustLeesa:) We did four dives with her and Roger last April. She makes a mean pineapple snack and sandwiches too:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom