Oahu week day night dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O2BBubbleFree

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there, Hawaii folk,

Looks like I'll be in Honolulu on business, arriving on Sun. the July 16th and departing on Sat. the 21st.

Work will keep me pretty busy during the day, but I'm hoping I can find someone conducting a week-day night dive.

Any suggestions (other than extending my stay to include a weekend...)?

Thanks,

justleesa:
We are planning a group dive on the 17th and there is still room, if you would like to join us you are welcome to do so :D

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=147299

Thanks for the invite. Unfortunately that's the first day of the business trip, and I doubt if I'll be available at 5:00PM.

You don't happen to know of any groups starting later in the evening, do you?

Again, thanks.

hmmm...too bad.

It is hard to get a night dive together.....Friday is the usual night dive night of most boat charter companies.

Hope work allows you to have some fun while you're here.

Aloha,
Lisa

What about shore diving at night? I'm not sure which of the easy beach access places have (safe) parking at night, but there's bound to be something.

Randy8876:
What about shore diving at night? I'm not sure which of the easy beach access places have (safe) parking at night, but there's bound to be something.

Sure. Anybody in the know want a buddy?

I'll ask again, since I'm desperate to do some diving while in HI!!!

I really really really want to find someone doing a night dive mid- to late-week, after about 6 PM. Shore dive, boat dive, whatever...

If there is an LDS that you know of that may be doing something, please give me contact info.

What’s it typically cost to hire a DM for a shore dive? I’m broke, but getting deperate.

Thanks,

O2BBubbleFree:
I'll ask again, since I'm desperate to do some diving while in HI!!!

I really really really want to find someone doing a night dive mid- to late-week, after about 6 PM. Shore dive, boat dive, whatever...

If there is an LDS that you know of that may be doing something, please give me contact info.

What’s it typically cost to hire a DM for a shore dive? I’m broke, but getting deperate.

Thanks,

Coral Divers is a shop out in Aiea that is owned/run by some guys that used to work at the now defunct Hawaii Sea Adventures. Anyway, a guy named Noel who used to work at HSA and I last saw him at Coral Divers - he used to arrange weekly Friday night dives on the North Shore. Standard procedure was meet at the shop at 6, drive up to the North Shore, do a dive or two. Sometimes several people would show, sometimes only one. No charge except tank rental, just some people getting together to dive.

Anyway, I haven't been to Coral Divers since last summer and I've heard it's undergone some management changes since then, but it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and see if Noel is still there and if they're still doing the Friday night dives. The shop's number is (808) 488-1100.

Let me see what I can find out about places to shore dive that have both easy access and not a high likelihood of having my car broke into. I could go diving on one of those dates (besides the 17th) as long as those 2 wisckets are met.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom