O'ahu Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Forever1037

Reaction score
Okay just a few of the wreck we have here in Hawaiian water surrounding Oahu....

And the details... I know how much we all love the details:)

YO-257... old Korean cargo ship sunk by hurricane Iniki... bow faces Waikiki.... Stern sits at about 95' Bow at 88' ..... Wreck known to have a crazy current that appears out of no where and makes traveling to close wreck, the San Pedro, difficult.... the San Pedro... literally falling apart.... Has deteriated alot in the last year.... Usually home to 1-3 white tips reef sharkls and a massive Green Sea Turtle...

Corsair... a airplane abandoned after fuel ran out as it was headed to the now closed airstrip on the east side of the island..... Sits at 106' in sand with nothing else around and I seriously mean nothing... a local dive boat sunk huge anchor near the corsair to provide a nice bouy tie off... If you feel especially frisky when you are down there try sitting in the cockpit but be warned that a morey has made his home under the seat:)

LCU..... yeh i really dont know the story of this one ..... other than the fact that it was flipped over by Iniki...sits in 96' i have dove it once and that was enough for me....

Have any more wrecks you would like to know about here on O'ahu.... if i havent dived them I have no problem doing so.....

Back
Top Bottom