Oasis of the Sea - January 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nuts4koi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just wondered if anyone might be sailing on Oasis of the Sea leaving on January 29 and going to Nassau, St. Thomas and St Maarten. I have already checked with Stuart Cove's in Nassau, and they told me I won't be there long enough for their dives. They are the contractor for the cruise line, so I guess that one is out. My wife will be quilting (Organized quilting cruise) so I figured I would dive St Thomas and St Maarten. I just checked the cruise line website, and they now are offering a dive in Nassau. I can't dive all three (and NOT have my wife divorce me), so I think I'll dive Nassau and St Thomas.

There's a suprisingly good shore dive off of Coki Beach on St Thomas. Google cokidive. A kid from Puerto Rico was shot and killed there a few months ago, so check on safety issues. St Martin can be ok, usually not as good as the almost free beach dive at Coki. Stuart Cove's shop is well away from the cruise docks--45 minute bus ride I think, so find someone closer.............

We found Coki Beach to be a marginal dive, kind of sparse. Some of the cruise lines bring snorkelers there also. And it's about a 1/2 hr. shuttle ride from the port in Charlotte Amalie. Contact Blue Island Divers - Cruise Ship Divers instead - they'll pick you up off the Havensight pier for two dives. If your ship docks at Crown Marina you can walk to their shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom