Observations after first trip with Perdix Ai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought the Perdix AI and used it on my first 100' dive. I loved the warning when my reserve was reached but was annoyed that my tank pressure was replaced by the warning. I did press the right button to acknowledge that I got the warning but it came back on again. Yes I knew I had reached my reserve and was heading back to shallower water, but I wanted to see my tank pressure again. I now was back at 15' and wanted to use the rest of my air and enjoy what was left but the warning kept coming back on and I had to acknowledge it. I do love the computer! BTW, their manual says to use a 5/8" wrench on the transmitter nut but mine came with a 17mm nut.

Did my first test dives in the local quarry with my new Perdex AI last weeknd. Also a bit annoyed with the warning obscuring the tank pressure. You know just when you really want to pay attention to it.
I have the 17mm nut on my transmitter too.

If tank pressure gets within 150 psi of ambient (water pressure) most regulators will become hard to draw air regardless of tank size. On a 140' dive that would happen at a little below 300 psi.

I doubt the 400 psi warning was arbitrary.

I think it's 76psi ambient at 140'...
But 300psi at 140'...probably some other issues to sort out...
(I crap my pants at the county fair, so there's that)

I've not looked at Tech Mode on the Perdix, but somehow doubt it would be different. Reading through the manual, I do not see differences. Either way, I think it should be user choice.

This is pure speculation on my part, but based on using a Petral for several years, I think you are shorting yourself by not looking into the Tec mode. You are complaining that you want to be treated like a big boy, so use the big boy settings. Again, I may be wrong, but I do know that in the Rec Mode on my Petral, there are several annoying settings that can't be changed... Up to and including "safety stops".

If you want the freedom to make decisions about critical data, then don't use the computer in recreational mode... the two may be incongruous.

Having said that, I will paraphrase my Diving Doctor Friend... "We can fix bent, we can't fix dead". Perhaps the nice folks at Shearwater really don't want us to run out of air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom