Obtaining A Manual For A Dacor Darwin Console Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WKenny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently bought a Dacor Darwin consol diving computer on the internet and would like to obtain a manual for it. It appears that the Dacor Co does not have a website up and operating. Can anyone suggest where I might get a copy of that manual either online or in a hard copy.

Thank You

Bill Kenny
kennywek@aol.com

Ok let's take all these questions and problems one at a time:

Dacor's website: It's currently under construction and due to be back up sometime in 2005. Here is the link for it: Dacor

The missing manual: I didn't have any luck finding the manual online, but you may not need after all. Read down to the next section to find out why...

The major problem is your lack of warranty. If you haven't already noticed on the Dacor website, Darwin computers were recalled awhile back because of a math problem that messes up most of the important calculations. You need to head over to Dacor's recall site, follow the instructions and find out if you have one of the bad computers. If you do you're out of luck since you didn't buy it from an authorized dealer. Next time try the great shop: Scubatoys They are a great dive shop AND authorized online dealer. You get great service and a warranty.

WKenny:
I recently bought a Dacor Darwin consol diving computer on the internet and would like to obtain a manual for it. It appears that the Dacor Co does not have a website up and operating. Can anyone suggest where I might get a copy of that manual either online or in a hard copy.

Thank You

Bill Kenny
kennywek@aol.com

Bill,

I know this was an old post, but did you find a manual?

Send me a private massage if you still meed Dacor Darwin User's Guide

lol, I was going to offer the same thing. Dacor sent me one in pdf format

i find it funny that a dive computer is called darwin
or is it just me?

What is it that you don't like? The main gripe I have with mine is that I can't see the small print. And I think it is getting smaller by the day!!!

That, and just a complete overload of information, on top of the fact that it's entirely too complex. I have yet to be able to locate my dive log on that thing. It's ungodly heavy. Changing the settings is damn-near impossible. I could go on and on... I just hate it. I am a Luddite; a true adherent to the KISS school of thought.

Back
Top Bottom