OC Rec Default GF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgFan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
In reading another thread I noticed the Teric and Perdix have different default GF in OC Rec. Teric is 40/85 and Perdix 30/70. I do understand the GF is customizable but is there a reason why the default GF is different?

[EDIT] I'm pretty sure they/some were talking about OC Tec in that thread which is 30/70 vs. OC Rec which is 40/85 (both being default/Medium Conserv settings). The Teric manual explains it:

"[p.26] For OC Rec mode the default conservatism setting is medium (40/85).

For OC Tec and CC/BO modes where some decompression is presumed, the default is a more conservative 30/70. The system provides several settings that are more aggressive than the default."

One reason why those are different is because in Tec it's a target, in Rec it's a limit.

I have a Teric and it’s default is 40/85 for OC Rec. Other Teric modes do have more conservative defaults but I’m a Rec diver so I only use OC Rec mode.

The other posts got me curious so I read the Perdix manual and it says default is 30/70 and it looks like that is the default for all Perdix modes including OC Rec.

The other posts got me curious so I read the Perdix manual and it says default is 30/70 and it looks like that is the default for all Perdix modes including OC Rec.

Interesting. I'll correct my prior post.

I have a Teric and it’s default is 40/85 for OC Rec. Other Teric modes do have more conservative defaults but I’m a Rec diver so I only use OC Rec mode.

I don't believe this is correct. The Teric manual says in section 5.0:

"For OC Rec mode the default conservatism setting is medium (40/85). For OC Tec and CC/BO modes where some decompression is presumed, the default is a more conservative 30/70. The system provides several settings that are more aggressive than the default."

The Perdix manual is more opaque, but it clearly states the only GF allowed for OC Rec are the Low (45/95) , Med (40/85), and High (35/75), and none of those are 30/70. I can't find it right now, but somewehre it says it comes setup on OC Rec at Medium.

it says default is 30/70
That is in the Perdix manual, not in the OC Rec mode manual, which is different.

That is in the Perdix manual, not in the OC Rec mode manual, which is different.

I don't see an OC Rec manual on SW's website. Just one for AI related features and one for the Perdix. Perhaps they've consolidated the manuals?

To guess an answer for the OP; My guess it was merely a conservative simplification to initially keep them the same esp given the SW's Tech orientated history.

There are Perdix manuals:
upload_2019-1-4_18-50-16.png

and there are Perdix AI manuals:
upload_2019-1-4_18-51-27.png

and there are Teric manuals:
upload_2019-1-4_18-52-21.png

It is not at all clear why the Teric manual can include AI and Rec and Tec modes, but the Perdix AI requires three manuals for this, and the Perdix requires two for Rec and Tec. And that is in English. In other languages there are not as many manuals. WTF? As this thread shows, down this path lies confusion.

Could it be that the medium 40/85 is the default for the Recreational Nitrox mode where there are only the three conservatism’s to choose from? Pg 19 in the Rec Nitrox manual

Back
Top Bottom