Ocean Reef g4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craneman61

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My dive buddy and I are considering going to the ocean reef g4. I haven't seen any recent post on the updated mask.
We are getting up in age and the water plays heck with the sinuses. Really need to enjoy diving more. Can anyone give me some experienced advice. I already know what the salesmen have to say.

Thanks

Well I guess none of you folks dive the G4. Real hospitable bunch you got here. The only one to respond was an Ocean Reef guy. Anyway thanks.

I just purchased the G Divers mask last week. Spent almost 2 hours going through drills at the local pool before I take it out this week.
I like the mask but there are a few items that need to be evaluated: if you are not used to a full face mask there might be claustophobia issues, breathing is a little restricted if you lay on your back, if you like to change your body orientation - you have to play with the regulator adjustment knob, it is a little heavy when you first put it on, and when you push the second stage purge valve you will get a blast of air on your fact. Good news it is hard to flood, no water up my nose, and no fogging. I am going to carry a traditional mask in one of my BC pockets on my for what if's.
I suspect you will have a hard time finding an instructor with a good knowledge of the full face mask but bring one along to watch you go through the drills in the pool.

Buy surface air valve and quick disconnect when you get the mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom