Ocean Reefer goes Poseidon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Well - I sold my Ocean Reef mask and purchased a Poseidon. I hope its worth it. Pretty steep price. After calling 15 dealers in the US only one in Arizona had it in stock. And boy do dealers have attitude! What makes them the way they are? Are they just jaded from dumb divers???? well anyhow, I'm lookin for a pat on the back guys...support me..please.:eek:ut:

The biggest pat of the back will come from you since you have used the Neptune and will appreciate the Poseidon that much more.

If possible, send your 1st stage to the dealer to have them tune your complete set to operate smoothly.

Really, dealer stock is not an issue, Viking - the US Distributor has them in stock and ships them to dealer the same or the following day of the order.

Thanks.
I can be accused of being out-spoken - but no one can accuse me of not listening and learning the experts...

Dove my Poseidon for the 1st time today, here is what I noticed:

Seal & strapping more effective than the OR

No need to touch regulator at depth (even swimming w/ head down)

Nose block %100 more effective than OR

Vision slightly less than OR but not much

Jetstream much smoother - no buffeting or chatter.

Overall much more confisdent in this mask.

Sounds good,,, did you try it in Positive Pressure Mode as well as Demand. What do you think?

I was in positive mode and the draw was comfortable - the dive was only to 20 feet. The demand was very very hard to draw from so I left it in positive. Is this normal or should I still consider getting an adjustment??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom