Oceanic Biolite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ishkrbibbl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Found a deal but can't try it on...

I'm 5'9", 175#, 34w x 42 ch, - warm water diver - Oceanic seems to say Med - can I take a Lg

Personal Experiences?

Since they were sold to Huish I can't say for sure what their actual sizes are. However, they used to run small. I'm 5'7" and at 150 used a large Oceanic BC. Need to remember they are made in Asia and I find a majority of products like this made there for many mfg's run small. As much as one full size.

Found a deal but can't try it on...

I'm 5'9", 175#, 34w x 42 ch, - warm water diver - Oceanic seems to say Med - can I take a Lg

Personal Experiences?

My husband is 5’9”, 150lbs, waist 30”, don’t know his chest measurement...he chose to buy a large over the medium. Both fit him well, but the medium was noticeably shorter than he liked so he chose large. He dove with it recently in Cozumel and loves it.

I have the female version. My measurements are between small and medium but I chose small for a snugger fit.

So the sizing is quite flexible. I think the large will fit you fine.

I am 5'10" and 170 lbs, 34" waist and 39" chest, my large is a bit big for me even on its smallest adjustment. There is a LOT of adjustment range, I suspect a medium would do you fine. I can dive the large but it's a little looser in the chest area than I'd like.

Back
Top Bottom