Oceanic Data 100 computer and Omega II second stage. Any good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fossil_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I picked these up in a trade. Anyone know if they are worth keeping? The second is kind of neat. Reminds me of a mini Jetstream.

data 100 is an older computer. if it works, you could use it for recreational diving on air. unfortunately it is too old to support nitrox.

if you want to try a side exhaust reg, the omega is worth fixing up. it isn't for everyone though.

not too old to support nitrox, just doesn't support nitrox... There were plenty of computers around when that came out that supported nitrox. I wouldn't bother with this computer if you already have one.

anyway, the omega is not quite a mini jetstream, it is a servo assist as well as a side exhaust, but that's about it. The servo assist works completely differently in each of them. Either way, it's a perfectly good regulator to rebuild and use.

The Omega, if properly setup, works fine. It tends to breathe a tad 'wet'. You can get used to that if you use it regularly. It can be an option for a short hose safe second since it does not become upside down when donated. I've used them both ways. Ultimately, it's in a box now. There are better options.

I think the Omega 2 looks kinda neat too! I've got one hooked up as an octo on a 'spare' reg set (Oceanic CDX5/GT3) and had everything recently serviced, but haven't had a chance to actually dive it yet, so will be curious to see how it actually feels to dive it when things warm up around here.

I have 3 of these Omega regs. I think I will keep one of the orange ones for a safe second because it's compact and works left or right.
That leaves another orange one and a clear one. I'll list them in the for sale section for a good price if anyone is interested. I got a good deal and can pass it along :)

Back
Top Bottom