Oceanic Datamax II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just replaced the batteries in my DataMax II and used my fingers to take a quick dive to 20'. The displays showing me two sets of times (the second being the elapsed time) and the dive number. I'm unsure what the first time is. I figured after 5mins at the surface or something it would turn off, but it's been reassembled on my desk for sort of a while and it's still counting up my nine-and-a-half hour dive time. Does it stop at some point? Or did I confuse it by doing 20 feet for 3 seconds?

Oh I see, that's my surface interval and the first number is my bottom time. So the display never turns off then? Or maybe after 24hrs?

....wrong forum, thanks Aquaregia.

Last edited:
see post #26 for link.

Last edited:
D'ho..... you are correct, I meant to link to this thread.

This is a great thread though :) I got my DataMax II going based on your experiences here.

… which I just flooded and now the top row of LED segments don't work. Did the alcohol trick work for you?

Update: now all 8s. Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom