Oceanic Geo 2 Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTC'83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just got my Geo 2 earlier this week, have read the manual and done the Dive Computer Training.
I still do not understand after my dive where will it tell me the Surface Interval that I need before another dive?
I done two dives and I see the Nor screen with a time counter in top row,appears to be counting the time that I been out of the water. on the fly screen the last row shows SAT time. I assume that is my surface interval?
Please advice.
Thanks

If it's anything like the VEO 2, it won't tell you when to get back in the water, but it will tell you what a dive could be at that moment in time ....

Think of it as a real time monitor (step 1 of dive tables), rather than step 2&3 of dive tables

_R

You have to make your own decision on how long your SI will be. I have not known any computer would do that simple decision for the diver.

Just got my Geo 2 earlier this week, have read the manual and done the Dive Computer Training.
I still do not understand after my dive where will it tell me the Surface Interval that I need before another dive?
I done two dives and I see the Nor screen with a time counter in top row,appears to be counting the time that I been out of the water. on the fly screen the last row shows SAT time. I assume that is my surface interval?
Please advice.
Thanks

when you switch from the watch screen, it shows elapsed surface time and current dive number on the sequence. hitting the mode button once moves to planning mode which shows how much current ndl you would have if you started a dive. hitting it twice shows no fly time, and then 3 times shows desat time, which is how long till the computer considers all compartments to be desaturated and it would begin a new dive sequence.

there is no minimum surface interval, but the planning mode would tell you if you needed to wait longer for more NDL if you wanted to do a dive to a certain depth and time. specifics on using the planning mode are on page 59 of the manual.

Just another Geo 2.0 user here to tell you that it won't tell you what your SI should be. It will only show your time since last dive (which I believe resets after 24 hours), # of consecutive dives (dives with <24 hour SI between each dive) and your adjusted NDL based on current SI since last dive (as well as any prior recent dives) if you use the planning function.

In general it's recommended that you wait at least one hour unless the dives are shallow. The Suuntos will heavily penalize you if the SI is less than one hour.

Hi @RTC'83

Your surface interval is shown at the top of the screen 10 minutes after your dive. The choice of a SI is yours. You can check the NDL at any time by going to the planning mode.

Good diving, Craig

How would it know?

What it does is: current gas loading + depth -> NDL
What you're asking for is: future gas loading <- future depth + future NDL
If you don't tell it how deep you want to go and for how long, it becomes: future gas loading <- ??? + ???
The answer is, obviously, "??????"

Back
Top Bottom