Oceanic GEO dive computer not working completely right

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really appreciate your suggestions I will try this and report back. but then How can i test that it works correctly without actually doing a dive? I live in the north east so only way i would be able to test is in a pool.

ok I was getting ready to reset the watch and decided to download all of the dives on the watch first. which I did and to my surprise the time and date of all the dives are incorrect. I did have to switch out the battery on the last trip because it showed low batt symbol. I thought I set the time and date but it was on the fly right befor the dive so its possible it was not set correctly. Thought i would mention this first... but resetting the watch now.

ok I reset the watch and left batt out for 15 minutes... the time/date got reset and all of my dives are still in the computer. also wet is set on.

Recently my very old AI Oceanic computer was acting squirrelly (not showing tank pressure, randomly, showing low battery after a new one). I called Oceanic and I was offered a discount on an older refurbished next generation up, but they said it would be “better” if I went through an Oceanic dealer.

I had to drive two hours each way to get to the nearest dive shop that carried Oceanic to drop off and to pick up, a total of 8 hours driving. I don’t know what “better” meant, but it took a really long time (like a month and a half) and numerous reminder calls to the dive shop, until finally their Oceanic rep called Oceanic and they sent out the computer, and though it was missing the part of the cover that hides/ blends in the connection to the hose, I was happy to finally have something! I would also like a Geo2 to back this up but I am worried about future support.

I think they are having a hard time. Huish is making that venerable and formerly excellent California company move to Utah where last time I checked there is no ocean. I can only imagine what that’s like for the original employees if in fact they have retained any of them.

To be clear the dive shop had sent out my old computer to Ocean right after they got it from me, the delay was not their fault

depends if the employees worked in production or sales/marketing/customer service. the production staff at pelagic pressure systems are most likely just aqualung employees now and not being moved afaik.

Good afternoon dear all

Sorry to bother you guys but just recently have an Oceanic Geo2 and when i try to activate the diving modes there is a blink message on the screen (A-D) and nothing else happens. I have changed the battery and still the same. Please help me with this if u can as from my country there is no Oceanic authorized service store

Warmest regards

AL

Not sure what your problem is but reading the manual helped me a lot. There’s a difference between pushing the button and holding down for more than two seconds for example, it gets you into a different menu.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom