Oceanic or What is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveGusto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A while back I picked up an MK10 w/yoke to rebuild. As things go I decided to change it to a din. Found one on ebay and had a 1st stage attached to it that resembles an mk10 but is supposed to be an oceanic (no markings on it). The din fits my mk10 so happy about that but had no filter inside. Not sure how to get it apart which is another problem I have to solve.
Can anybody ID the reg. It has the larger diameter piston. The reg body is longer, and bigger diameter than an mk10. It has a sn# 095674 on side, maybe that gives year manuf. 2 HP ports and only 4 LP ports as there is not one on the turret bottom. The seat is flat on one side which was toward the top cover and the side meeting the piston tube is very deep concave. That may not be correct but was how I found it, also has a groove around it but can't imagine it is for an o ring. It had a shim that only fits on the piston side of the spring, hole is too small to fit on top and also looked like a roller coaster track like it had been heated/warped.
I was told it leaked from the top but appears to be more than just an o ring issue.
Any feedback appreciated.
113_1377.jpg113_1384.jpg113_1387.jpg113_1388.jpg113_1379.jpg

That's an Oceanic flow through piston, I've forgotten the actual designation.

Looks like a pre 95 balanced piston. Basically a SP clone. Kits still available as far as I know.

Looks like a pre 95 balanced piston. Basically a SP clone. Kits still available as far as I know.

It is. And kits are available.

Thanks, I just sent an email to oceanic to see what they say. Will see if it is worth a rebuild.

It's a great reg, get it serviced,IF you can get an OmegaII to go with it, you'll love it :D

300bar my intention was to rebuild, check it's performance and put it back on the bay but now I might just keep it. Can one have too many regs. Does it take the 40.615 Rebuild Kit or a different one?

6116 for yoke, 6117 for DIN IIRC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom