Oceanic Pro Plus 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking for an Oceanic Pro Plus 3 with compass, QD, and USB cable. On sale at Leisure Pro for $524, seems like a pretty good deal

We have 2 PP2's and a 3. The 2's have been just about as bulletproof as we could ask for. Battery life is phenomenal. I'm pretty sure I'm on the original battery for 2014. The 3 is a little more complicated and I have not worn the new off of it yet. Our first real trip is at the end of the month so I will have it figured out by then. I'm holding out for a used Perdix AI for my next computer.

The large display is easy on my 50+ year old eyes.

The Oceanic computers have been great and I would buy again...just ready to move up to a Shearwater.

Jay

..... $524, seems like a pretty good deal
I agree, for that setup it's a very good deal.

I run the ProPlus2 (PP2) now (have several spares in the scuba bin). I've tested and run the Pro Plus 3 and and the X also several times.
It's just a personal preference but I don't like on the 3 and the X how I need to switch to 'page 2' in order to get my max depth and total elapsed dive time. On the PP2 it's on on the same screen for a quick flash look and keep going.

I need the max depth because we are pushing the PPO2 limits even at 1.6 on our mixes. Frequently we'll be jumping in blowout holes that exceed 1.6 but it's only for a minute then back up above it. If I was staying below limits it would be a problem but for a bounce down it's not. But I still need to see that max depth on the main screen to make the decision how much I want to push 1.6

The other info that is pushed over to page 2 is elapsed dive time. My boat crew is expecting my SMB at a fairly exact time depending on the depth I'm diving. I need to know how long I've been down (since you lose track of time when excited underwater). Page 2 just makes it a hassle.

I've killed more PP2's with the quick disconnect(QD) soaking in the rinse tank because I didn't hook them to a scuba tank under pressure. I've removed EVERY QD and gone to non QD connect from my regs since it is a known failure point and denied for warranty claim because of flooding. Seriously, who soaks their regs with a tank hooked up? I haven't had one flood since removing the QD.

I've been diving the PP2 since it came out and love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom