Oceanic Pro Plus Strap to Arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

msedivingdoc

Reaction score
For anyone familiar with the Oceanic Pro Plus comp with compass attaced I had a new idea. Has anyone tried to somehow strap it to your non-dominate hand craddling the back of it into your palm. Seems to be a nice fit... as this is currently untested I was wondering about the safety. I currently use one of those damn rtractor cord things and it seems to always get caught on something or is hard to control. I'm looking for a way to be able to check the guage at will and have it someway integrated with the arm or something different. Any thoughts will be appreciated and I will post what happens with the arm strap idea when i test it this weekend :doctor:

I also have the DataMax Pro Plus.
straping it to the arm will not work good since the disply will go on the wrong direction and you will have to read it from the side.
If you will try to strap it in the correct direction then the HP hose will allways be in the way.
After playing with it as well I have found out that the best place is to strap it to someware on the lower area in the front of the BCD using a short rtractor cord, not longer then 10".
This way the computer/console stay neatly close to the body not tangling in stuff, while stil easy to get to.

I run the hose under my arm, across my chest. With a shortened lanyard & a SS clip clipped to a ring on my bc all I have to do is look down for a reading. Like DJ69, it's close to my body, doesn't get tangled and is still easy to read.

Yeah Tried to configure it this weekend and it's not comfiy... I did move it lower on the BC and now I can see it easier and it doesn't drag or get fouled up. Thanks for the help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom