Oceanic ProPlus 4.0 / DiverLog+ Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivinLion01

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My first computer was the Oceanic Pro Plus 4.0 and I loved it. I logged 77 dives on it from May of 2021 to March of 2022. My 15 year old daughter got into scuba and I passed along that computer to her after getting my Garmin MK2i. She has logged about 55 dives on the Pro Plus 4.0, but is now unable to download the latest dives onto the DiverLog+ app.

When she uses the screen to link up the dives, it shows my old dives, her downloaded dives but does not give the selection ability to download the newest dives she's done. I emailed Oceanic and they referred t the PDC sampling rate, although it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as to why this would have an effect on being able to load dives.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I am a big proponent of logging dives, taking notes on dives and ensuring that all stats are kept (just a personality thing) and want to be able to make sure she has a record of all her dives.

Thanks in advance everyone!

I have not had that particular problem and used Oceanlog in the past (on a computer). Sorry to say but at least the Oceanlog was a dog. It got to the point where it just would not work. Support for it is next to non-existent online and getting just the COM port driver was almost impossible (older dive computer). I cannot tell you how many times I had to restore from backups, re-install and other things just to download dives and view them.
In my opinion, Oceanic started going down hill right before Huish bought it.

It sound like this software is being used on a phone - Diverlog+ is phone and Diverlog is computer. I don't know if you are synching with a PC log file or cloud. The log files and backups could be local but with backups it could get quite big. If local and there are lots of backups, delete old ones or at least transfer them somewhere.

I bailed on Oceanic and went to Diving Log 6. It uses MS Access database. I can't remember what Oceanlog used but I found it corrupted on occasion. I can tell you that the COM port drivers on computers for older dive computers and Diving Log 6 are a bit of a pain if they are not part of the application when downloaded but once that is setup, it works well. They do have an iphone and android version.

The sampling rate as a cause does not sound right to me either. That should have nothing to do with the connection and download however who knows what strange thing they did.

But I assume that the Oceanic had some troubleshooting done. By the sound of it, it worked before and now you cannot even select on the screen to download, so it may not be recognizing the dive computer. It should have a screen for handshake, connection and download (working off the old version). Also I assume that software is set up to append newest dives to the list. If that went bad the dive count would still go up by the number of downloaded dives no matter what the order.

Personally I would rename the current log file and restore from the latest backup. Then connect the dive computer and try downloading steps. If the database or application went belly up, then I would re-install. Make sure you have and can find the current log file (renamed) and at least a couple of recent backups first.
I used Oceanlog on a PC so I can say much for phones but I do know it had issues with COM port conflicts frequently.
If that or other fixes do not work, then I would contact them again and not let it go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom