Oceanic Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been looking a a regulator and thought I had settled on an Aqua Lung Legend LX Supreme. I was on ebay recently and ran into an outfit called Dolphin Scuba in Sacramento, Cal. offering Oceanic CDX5 - GT regulators for $189.95 with a warranty. I emailed them and they indicated Oceanic is permitting them to sell these on the internet with the lifetime parts replacement warranty. I've heard good things about the CDX5 - Delta 3. I still think I will go with the Aqua Lung but has anyone had any experience with the Oceanic GT? The price is tempting if it is a good reg.

schu1842:
I've been looking a a regulator and thought I had settled on an Aqua Lung Legend LX Supreme. I was on ebay recently and ran into an outfit called Dolphin Scuba in Sacramento, Cal. offering Oceanic CDX5 - GT regulators for $189.95 with a warranty. I emailed them and they indicated Oceanic is permitting them to sell these on the internet with the lifetime parts replacement warranty. I've heard good things about the CDX5 - Delta 3. I still think I will go with the Aqua Lung but has anyone had any experience with the Oceanic GT? The price is tempting if it is a good reg.

I have the Delta III with the CDX5, so I don't have a good answer to the question...That being said, if you can afford the Delta III, its a good reg.

Oceanic builds some great regs that are fairly priced. The CDX-5GT offers a very good overall work-of-breathing, and appears to be built to high quality standards. The Oceanic founder and CEO, Bob Hollis, is one of the pioneers of "rec/tech" diving. In fact, he was one of the saturation divers that recovered many artifacts from Gimble's Andrea Doria expedition.

I personally use Mares regs, but Oceanic is a company that has earned a sound reputation.

The Legend is also a fine regulator. It is basically an Apeks under the AquaLung guise. You won't go wrong with either choice.

Safe Diving!

Greg Barlow

Greg Barlow:
Oceanic builds some great regs that are fairly priced. The CDX-5GT offers a very good overall work-of-breathing, and appears to be built to high quality standards. The Oceanic founder and CEO, Bob Hollis, is one of the pioneers of "rec/tech" diving. In fact, he was one of the saturation divers that recovered many artifacts from Gimble's Andrea Doria expedition.

I personally use Mares regs, but Oceanic is a company that has earned a sound reputation.

The Legend is also a fine regulator. It is basically an Apeks under the AquaLung guise. You won't go wrong with either choice.

Safe Diving!

Greg Barlow

The CDX first stage had a recall a couple of years ago, but it otherwise a good reg. GT is built on the same platform as the Delta without the venturi or adjustment knob. The warranty that you are talking about 2 years and then parts for life is something that is offered on most regs (except conveniently the Aqualung) Most people find that they can get into an Apeks for the same price as the delta and the Apeks are alot more popular as i think that you will find most people on the board. They also have a really good reputation. (and parts for life.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom