oceanid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

damn! we want one of those and you get one donated!! must be nice! :D

Pro's

you can take on snow, ice and water, the only craft capable of negotiating a low head damn, can be inflated in about a minute, you can even attach a 5hp motor.

Con's you have to inflate it, they cost more than 3 g's, it looks like a bannana :D

Now that is a MEGA DONUT! :D

Gary D.

Gary D.:
Now that is a MEGA DONUT! :D

Gary D.

LMAO!!! Calm down Gary!!!! Banana - not - donut!!!!!

Greg, have you had a chance to use one? I'm not sure about the ice part as I could see if you didn't have total control of it you may actually run over the victim and push him under. Also, its so light I think the wind could easily pick it up.
Fast water and weirs I think it'll be the cat's ***.
thoughts?

They make em down there in Boise I guess...

No we haven't trained with one but we got to see on used and they are really neat.

I think you are right about being in control, you'd have to be careful for sure. I doubt the wind would be a factor if I was in it :D but yeah they only weight about 50 lbs which would make them susceptible to wind BUT on the other hand is easily manipulated by one user!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom