Oceans subsonic computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi!
It doesn’t have a planner built-in with the current firmware, but it compares similar on NDL time to other dive computers running Buhlmann ZHL-16C (like Shearwater).

Hi!
It doesn’t have a planner built-in with the current firmware, but it compares similar on NDL time to other dive computers running Buhlmann ZHL-16C (like Shearwater).
Thanks, do you mean your 3 presets run close to standard GF presets 45/95, 40/85. and 35/75? If normal is your default, is that a GF hi of 95?

If I were Oceanic I’d be talking to my trademarks people. Every time I see this thread on the new posts list I think “Oh, Oceanic have a new computer.”

First off no AI, no but the new one will have it so intriguing. The ping could be a handy feature or a total annoyance depending on who is doing the pinging (specific people come to mind) if it could show a general direction of the person pinging I would fine it more useful.

I'm tempted just to help further the concepts but I have two Teric’s ...

Correct, while the naming and default value might change in the S2, these are the GF-Hi values we use.

If your confident the product is ready for prime time you need to get these into the hands of a few respected forum members that are still actively diving and still actively posting to the forum. Bottom line is you need to get several of these into the wild so people will hear real world stories about it's performance. Your in a tight race with Peregrine so word of mouth is absolutely important.

If your confident the product is ready for prime time you need to get these into the hands of a few respected forum members that are still actively diving and still actively posting to the forum. Bottom line is you need to get several of these into the wild so people will hear real world stories about it's performance. Your in a tight race with Peregrine so word of mouth is absolutely important.
This always sounds like a good idea but I personally put more stock into a know divers input who is not held back by compensatory obligation or even the hint of it.

This always sounds like a good idea but I personally put more stock into a know divers input who is not held back by compensatory obligation or even the hint of it.
Agree, that is why YouTube videos from the guys who do them for the adverts really do not sway my decisions, but I do appreciate the raw info they provide.
Oceanic does not have to give units away, they can loan them out for evaluation.
I just don't think its a good plan to sit back and hope that people will take a chance on buying the product without seeing some reputable feedback first.

Does anybody know exactly what killed Liquivision computers and the Buddy Watcher pingers? I'm sure someone will get this ultrasonic thing right eventually and I hope it's the Oceans guys, but you gotta wonder why the previous takers failed.

Back
Top Bottom