Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

still no input from the Aqualung users?

it's the same computer as the Oceanic. Aqualung just bought the company that made Oceanic's computers. Same thing, but like I said in the first post, if you're asking this crowd, they're all going to say spend the extra $200 for the Teric

it's the same computer as the Oceanic. Aqualung just bought the company that made Oceanic's computers. Same thing, but like I said in the first post, if you're asking this crowd, they're all going to say spend the extra $200 for the Teric
thats good to know about the merger! and yes i still am looking at the Teric. i do have some extra coin as mentioned and this was gonna be a little gift to myself but at the same point i did somewhat set a limit for my spending and that is above it so ust have to ponder it. but i do appreciate your input!

Keep in mind that light-emitting screens cannot outshine the sun. Teric's screen is supposedly very good, but if you intend to mostly dive in Bonaire-level sunlight, it may not be the best option. That said, if you're aiming for a $1K+ shiny! anyway, Teric it is.

As @tbone1004 points out, the Oceanic OCi and the Aqua Lung i450t are the same computer built by Pelagic Pressure Systems, now owned by Aqua Lung. The OCi runs both the DSAT and PZ+ deco algorithms. the i450t runs just PZ+. They cost the same, about $1200

The D4i runs the Suunto RGBM deco algorithm, it costs a bit more, about $1275

The Shearwater Teric runs Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF, it costs about $1445. The Teric has a simple recreational mode, it also has innumerable technical options that may not be of use to you. It has a beautiful screen.

It should be noted that the OCi, i450t and the Teric all use the same transmitter, manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems. The D4i uses a transmitter only used by Suunto computers.

You can reasonably match your GF's computer with any of these. Obviously, the D4i would match. The OCi and i450t would match pretty well with PZ+. The Teric would match with a GF hi of 85 or so. Both the OCi and the Teric would give you more liberal choices, should you desire.

For $1200, I would opt for the OCi, for its additional flexibility. For about $245 more, the Teric would give you infinite flexibility and a great color screen.

thats good to know about the merger! and yes i still am looking at the Teric. i do have some extra coin as mentioned and this was gonna be a little gift to myself but at the same point i did somewhat set a limit for my spending and that is above it so ust have to ponder it. but i do appreciate your input!

not merger, straight up acquisition. Hollis and Oceanic were bought by Huish who owns Atomic and Zeagle, and the computer company was called Pelagic Pressure Systems and was straight up bought by Aqualung.

If you are against a spending limit, I would use what you have now or wait until that spending limit goes up. $1200 vs $1400 is 17%, but for a 100% better product, it's really a no brainer. I would wait until that spending limit goes up enough to warrant the infinitely better computer.

As @tbone1004 points out, the Oceanic OCi and the Aqua Lung i450t are the same computer built by Pelagic Pressure Systems, now owned by Aqua Lung. The OCi runs both the DSAT and PZ+ deco algorithms. the i450t runs just PZ+. They cost the same, about $1200

The D4i runs the Suunto RGBM deco algorithm, it costs a bit more, about $1275

The Shearwater Teric runs Buhlmann ZH-L16C with GF, it costs about $1445. The Teric has a simple recreational mode, it also has innumerable technical options that may not be of use to you. It has a beautiful screen.

It should be noted that the OCi, i450t and the Teric all use the same transmitter, manufactured by Pelagic Pressure Systems. The D4i uses a transmitter only used by Suunto computers.

You can reasonably match your GF's computer with any of these. Obviously, the D4i would match. The OCi and i450t would match pretty well with PZ+. The Teric would match with a GF hi of 85 or so. Both the OCi and the Teric would give you more liberal choices, should you desire.

For $1200, I would opt for the OCi, for its additional flexibility. For about $245 more, the Teric would give you infinite flexibility and a great color screen.

thank you Scubadada! that was great information laid out in a way i can relate to.

I recently bought an i450t. I'm relatively inexperienced; but I'm confident it will meet my needs for the foreseeable future. (I've only got maybe 8 dives in it).
The reality is that, if I hadn't become somewhat obsessed with the idea of AI, I probably would have been satisfied with the i300.

I recently bought an i450t. I'm relatively inexperienced; but I'm confident it will meet my needs for the foreseeable future. (I've only got maybe 8 dives in it).
The reality is that, if I hadn't become somewhat obsessed with the idea of AI, I probably would have been satisfied with the i300.
how is the battery life on it and what is your overall impression of it? thanks!!

The OCi and the i450t is the same, exept algorithms.

If you like AI (i do) and think maybe try SM sometimes in the future, the D4i only handles one transmitter and the others 3 (or 4?)

That said, the Teric is a beautiful piece of art, probably great to use, but pricewise, you nearly get 2 D4i for the price of one Teric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom