Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how is the battery life on it and what is your overall impression of it? thanks!!
After 8 dives, I would imagine it would be difficult to comment on battery life. The manual says 1 year/300 dive hours. I have a lot of experience with similar Oceanic computers, I get about 250 dive hours, about a year for me.

@Magnus Lundstedt not in this country you don't.... the D4i is $825, the Teric is $1095.
With transmitter, $1274 vs $1445
It's truly not even worth the discussion. Suunto uses an inferior algorithm, has a junk looking screen, horrifically expensive strap replacements *Teric uses standard 22mm straps from anything*, and Suunto has had bad history with their transmitters. It's just over 13% more, that's a no-brainer

In today's computer market, I would put a Perdix AI first on my list, not that you listed that one. Second would be the Teric, and third the Aqualung. (I prefer user replaceable batteries that are easy to access).

Battery changes are a pain on the OCi and if given a Suunto I would sell it...just don't care for them at all, but many seem to like them. I am not necessarily a big fan of the PZ+ algo, but could live with it if my choices were that or a Suunto or OCi.

If you really want a watch-sized computer you could also look for an Oceanic Atom 3.0 / 3.1. Better choice than the OCi in my opinion and less expensive as well. I believe they are discontinued but that doesn't really matter much to me.

Maybe check into a TUSA also. I am not sure what their current models are, but they have or had very similar models to the 450T and the Atom.

Or jut get a Perdix AI and be done with it. It isn't THAT big.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy whatever you do choose.

In today's computer market, I would put a Perdix AI first on my list, not that you listed that one. Second would be the Teric, and third the Aqualung. (I prefer user replaceable batteries that are easy to access).

Battery changes are a pain on the OCi and if given a Suunto I would sell it...just don't care for them at all, but many seem to like them. I am not necessarily a big fan of the PZ+ algo, but could live with it if my choices were that or a Suunto or OCi.

If you really want a watch-sized computer you could also look for an Oceanic Atom 3.0 / 3.1. Better choice than the OCi in my opinion and less expensive as well. I believe they are discontinued but that doesn't really matter much to me.

Maybe check into a TUSA also. I am not sure what their current models are, but they have or had very similar models to the 450T and the Atom.

I share your sentiments for the Atom 3.1 wish I would have bought one, they've been discontinued for some time. TUSA has nothing.

thanks for the input JD950, i do like the Perdix and everythign it has to offer. But since one of my points of getting a new computer is to have something i can keep on my wrist as a watch while not diving during my vacations...kinda knocks that one out for me. if i ever get the chance to move to a state where i can dive more often than i could see my self snagging a Perdix

If you're after a k3wl watch, garmin has the descent... which amazon has for mere 999.99, unless you want it in black.

If you're after a k3wl watch, garmin has the descent... which amazon has for mere 999.99, unless you want it in black.

not really for the "kewl" factor, jut a convenience of keeping it on all day (and i actually do like the look of these dive computers). also like i noted in the beginning, i would like a better screen lay out and also the luxury of AI. and i feel like (not a guarantee haha) that this will be my dive computer into the foreseeable future.

At this point im starting to lean in favor of the i450T because of the slight price advantage and also have a feeling that it may be better suited for a diver of my type (non-tech of any form). The Teric is one amazing piece of dive equipment and i know i would only be using 10% of its capabilities but i do absolutely love the pictures i have seen of the screen and the fact that its re-chargeable.

none the less i am still happy to hear more peoples input on this subject and also im learning alot by your guys responses too (thanks for being nice to the newbie!!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom