Octopus and long hoses questions???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OOA situations and "vacation" divers is why I avoid commercial boat dives. It may be selfish, but I don't want to be in a situation with a "once every five year" vacation diver. I just got back from Kauai and all my dives were on the beach and by myself. Lugging my 13ft pony, BP and all my gear in my luggage was a PIA, but it was not an option to leave it at home. Could I have seen more on a boat, sure, but I also know I would have been paired with someone who, in a bad situation, could kill me.

For me it is about how much hose-switching I want to do...

I switch regularly between doubles and singles (right tool for the job and all that). It still entails switching 2 hoses. For me, having an extra reg on a solo-dive is my preference, having made that decision I´d rather stay with the longhose (that I use for everything else) than carry a separate hose just for solodiving...

Having done low on air and OOA-sharing with strangers (who weren´t part of my team, solo or otherwise), I`m firmly convinced of the utility of the longhose. I just don´t want to airshare any other way.

It may be more "minimalist" with a shorter hose but since diving is not a fashion show and one of the reasons I solo is that my opinion is the only one that matters, I´ll keep my unminimalist longhose, can light and backups for all my diving...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom