Octopus Lovers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If they tried to grab my camera they definetly would freak me out.. Cause they'd be big enough to win that fight :p

You don't fight ... they WILL win. You let it go. Eventually the octopus will lose interest and drop it ... they can't eat it after all, and the light hurts their eyes. So you either wait, or come back later and get it.

They're not (normally) aggressive ... curious, at times ... but mostly they'll try really hard to ignore you ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The idea of letting the camera go if they want to play with it is exactly what would scare me..
I can kinda hear the insurance company going "you did WHAT with the 8000 dollar camera rig?!?" :p

I can imagine my wife saying almost the same thing, "you did WHAT with the $800.00 camera rig?!?" The difference is that she should bring it up again and again and again.................

The idea of letting the camera go if they want to play with it is exactly what would scare me..
I can kinda hear the insurance company going "you did WHAT with the 8000 dollar camera rig?!?" :p

How about the itty bitty ones? :wink:
10153642_10152026059288531_8041089963018771789_n.jpg

After taking a few shots, I pointed out an octopus to Merry and left her to try for a decent shot. I think she got it. Anyone want to buy my camera? :(
OctopusgloriousdisplayDSC_6168_zps34c06211.jpg

So.. day two in the red sea (for this trip)...
3ezy3ezu.jpg

Sent fra min GT-I9300 via Tapatalk

One from last week at the bridge. For the past couple months we've been seeing up to a couple dozen octopi on a single dive. That will change as summer comes, and by fall, we will only be seeing a single one per dive.
10432932_10152149146013531_4373052380083494315_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom