Odorless hose for compressor intake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geko21

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,
I have the difficult task to find in Mexico an odorless 1in hose for new compressor installation intake. So far everything stinks horribly. I guess I should be looking for some kind of food grade hose, but I have no clue where to find it. What do you guys use?

Thanks Herb. It seems hard to find this in Mexico but I will try :)

If it's for your Vertecon, I would go larger than 1" diameter. Try either a home or pool vacuum cleaner hose which is around 1.5" diameter and should fit over the outside of your air filter intake.

Why do you need a snorkel and how long does it need to be, as the longer you go it gradually has to increase in size.

If it's for your Vertecon, I would go larger than 1" diameter. Try either a home or pool vacuum cleaner hose which is around 1.5" diameter and should fit over the outside of your air filter intake.

Why do you need a snorkel and how long does it need to be, as the longer you go it gradually has to increase in size.

Thanks! The pool hose is a great idea. I need it to connect to a Nitrox stick - no more than 2 meters, probably less.

I use this- McMaster-Carr

I understand they ship to Mexico, so it should not be an issue to obtain it. I would match the hose to your intake opening, since any wider will have to go through the same restriction anyhow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom