Off Topic Jabber and Bull Session

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know it's almost a new weekend, and being I know everyone is coming to my M&G, I dont have to ask what you have planned....

So, how was last weekend?

Whats on everyones Santa List?

I want...

• Princeton Tec primary and backup lights.
  • Spring Straps for my flippers
  • A dog gate for my car because my dog is destroying it!
  • An NRA fleece sweater
  • Some Clinique makeup

Gracen wants...

• A new bed for outside
  • A bag full of rubber toys
  • A new collar and leash

Whats on everyones Santa List?

I want...

• Princeton Tec primary and backup lights.
  • Spring Straps for my flippers
  • A dog gate for my car because my dog is destroying it!
  • An NRA fleece sweater
  • Some Clinique makeup

Gracen wants...

• A new bed for outside
  • A bag full of rubber toys
  • A new collar and leash

Check Ryan's Pet Supplies for good prices on dog gear!

Check Ryan's Pet Supplies for good prices on dog gear!

I will definately do so. Gracen gets new presents every week. So at Christmas, I just buy her a few of those bundled packages at Bass Pro or Cabelas.

Oh, and I can take the NRA jacket off the list, because I just got FedEx delivered to the house... An low and behold, return address: NRA :D

What kind of pets does everyone else have?

I have two dogs we rescued and two cats we rescued. Maxine who is 2, is a black shar pei who was tied up outside in prescott the first year of her life and she had 6 puppies of which one we adopted. We have had them for a year now and dudley her pup is 75 pounds.

I also had two cats but my 18 1/2 pound cat Frazier had liver disease and died 3 weeks ago but we still have Rado (short for desperado) who is an orange tabby and 18 pounds.
pets011.jpg
marchapril2008081.jpg
280032979.jpg

maxine013.jpg

Well, I have two regular house kitties. But I thought I would let you look at my friend Judy's cat Solomon. ( I hope I attached it correctly) She rehabs injured big cats for a living. Just don't bug him if he's eating

Stephen

Attachments

• friends.jpg
    friends.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 59
Hmm, the crazy behavior of divers, and our sig others not understanding it... Thats a topic all in its own. And I know its been asked on SB, but how does everyone else feel about it...

Phew, 1 dog is enough for me, but 2 or 3 dogs. Ya'll must have your hands full!

How about 6 dogs and a cat?!?!?

Our fur kids

German Shepherd, Weimereiner, St. Bernard, Amstaf, Amstaf/Chow/Hound mix x2, and a medium hair domestic.

The black ones - Amstafs and cat were all found next to the water during dive related activities. The other 3 were rescued from owners that didn't want them anymore. The Amstafs came from Florida. The rest came from Arizona.

Lets see... me - I always disappear October to December for one of my "other hobbies" . . .

IMG_3393.JPG

Aside from that - we have 2 cats, a dog, and 8 fish (saltwater) - and I need to get a new CCW one of these days - mines long expired now.

Frank K ~ What an incredible light display! I am blown away..If I get out that way I will have to visit for sure!

I love seeing everyones furry friends. I have friends who do animal rescue and on Christmas eve several of the rescue groups are going to the east side and west side pounds and taking in as many dogs as they can foster. I think it is great to adopt from the shelters and rescues. There are so many awesome animals needing homes.

Now for the question on spouses and diver behavior...That all depends. My husband doesn't dive and I think it is hard for him seeing that I have more male dive friends than female right now and some of those male friends joke around and can get out of line (I have no problem setting them straight if need be) I think the more I bring my husband around other divers the more he gets interested in diving and the more at ease he is with me going. You have to admit when i say "honey I am going to the lake to do a night dive with these two guys" it doesn't sound good right? As far as the sometimes cocky or macho behavior of I dived this deep or I dived this many times stuff my husband says their are those people in every sport. He does pretty good with it all. I don't want him turned off to diving I am encouraging him to join me if and when he is ready.

Back
Top Bottom