Official Feb. training is in the books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We just finished up a training day and had a good time as usual. We started out with a team meeting and talking about Tyler’s accident. Then we went over more ice rescue, Ice diving and knot tying. Then out to one of the Marine building bays to rig a 3 to 1 high line.

Lunch was Chinese this time which is much easier on the equipment. :D

Then from lunch we went right to the lake where we trained last month. Our hole was still there and full of ducks. So after chasing them out of the hole we set up to put the FNG’s down one at a time.

Lane B did the training and was the designated Safety Officer to do the at least triple checks on the gear.

We set up three stations with mine being in the middle and each diver acted as the others Safety Diver and we just kept rotating them through the exercise.

One of them told me he was a bit uneasy about doing this so we had a chat. It was just those concerns of the unknown that was getting to him but he did very well once he got in.

Lane B had them get into the hole, which we got a few chuckles out of. Then just bob around on the surface a bit. Then drop straight down under the hole and back up. Then they got a bit of rope to explore a little bit.

The other guys got to play under it while I just stood there and watched. ;( So as a finishing touch we had our token fireman, the other Gary, do a Diver Off Line Drill. The three FNG’s were in the hole watching.

Gary M’s tender gave the Diver Off Line signal. I got the direction and hit the water. We did it way to close to the hole but we wanted the FNG’s to see the process. Being that close to the hole and short lined it looked a monkey in heat playing with a football but they got the idea.

Not a single frozen reg which sucks. I am going to have to set a couple up that will freeze on command for training.

The plan is for two of us to start swing shift a couple of hours early next Wednesday. We’ll find some open water and take another one or two with us and go play, oops train :D which it will be. Then change into the old uniform and go to work. At the end of the shift we just comp off the time go home early. I sure hope we have enough on the shift to do it.

I know it’s tough but someone has to do it. :D

Gary D.

Sounds like you guys had a good time. We do our training next week and will be working with ice as well (at lunch - in our drinks).

ReefGuy:
Sounds like you guys had a good time. We do our training next week and will be working with ice as well (at lunch - in our drinks).

I'd expect that out of a WWWPSD. You may think we are :fork: But we are really
:m16: and we b gud shoots. We kan even hit dis guy :monkeydan at a long way. So put your pee in a colotta right here :mooner: We kan hit him 2 :chicken:

Is this how you get to lunch after a dive? We don't have these. :sharkattack:

Gary D. :D :D

[Translate=RedneckToHillbilly]

Hey yall, Sometimes da ice is pretty dadgum thick - when it comes in a cup o' sweet tea.

And it ain't dem sharks - it's dem alley-gay-tores :gator:

Ya see, dey gets all dem teeth and no :zahn: Dey likes to get tween y'alls and de shore and offers to take yall to lunch at de ol' Under da bank cafe.
[/Translate]

Gary D.:
I'd expect that out of a WWWPSD. You may think we are :fork: But we are really
:m16: and we b gud shoots. We kan even hit dis guy :monkeydan at a long way. So put your pee in a colotta right here :mooner: We kan hit him 2 :chicken:

Is this how you get to lunch after a dive? We don't have these. :sharkattack:

Gary D. :D :D

Geez Gary...

Seeing your post and the updated picture makes me miss the.. the.. COLD???

Hmmm... Maybe the team, but NOT THE COLD!!

:) I'm starting to look for gear, so keep me in mind... Maybe I can convince the powers to be to easy on the probation time...

Shrekie

There will always be a spot open for you big guy. How's the blue uniform?

Gary D.

The dark blue is awesome!! No complaints.. Work is the same minus the petty stuff (chasing dogs, cold calls) and I don't mind the smaller boundaries...

Benefits kicked in on the 1st... Can't beat a $10 copay, ya know??

Anyways... Saw you guys on the tube when you were doing ice rescue.. The tribe guys looked a little uncomfortable! Good to see no callouts in a while.... But I wonder if that means the summer gonna be hoppin?

So.. As soon as I can find some equip on my limited budget I'd like to get back in the H20.... EVEN ITS ICE COLD!

Shrek

PS-Is Lane B having an identity crisis or what? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom