For Sale Official Freedom Plate List: Please respond here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd love to add my name to the list!

I'm 5'8", 118lbs and thermally-challenged, so a stainless medium should be a good fit (and get some weight off my belt).

Thanks!
Becca

...now if only those VDH wings would come back in stock...

@Eric Sedletzky

Have your found that your height guidelines are the same for males and females? Anthropometric charts show that the 50 percentile male waistline (where you want the belly band to be) is significantly lower for males than females.

Eric

Having been diving one of your earliest SS plates for many years now and loving it for both a conventional reg and now my Kraken Double Hose, I now want/need a Large Aluminium Freedom Plate. I have been using a VDH flat, aluminum plate for the Double Hose, when I don't need the SS or for travel, but it is nowhere near as comfortable as my Freedom Plate and I find no difference in the Reg performance between it and the flat plate.

So add me to the list of those wanting a Large Aluminum Plate, whenever you can supply it.

Thanks again for a great product.

Is it possible to get an estimation, or where one sits on the list?
Did you inquire earlier? I’ve scanned my list and don’t see your name.
Right now I’m up to about 100 orders from SB alone. That doesn’t count the orders off SB which is another quantity. I’ll have to do this in stages, but once full production starts I should be able to fill orders fairly quickly. As far as giving someone an exact date with they’re place in line? no I’m sorry there is no way I can do that.

@Eric Sedletzky

Have your found that your height guidelines are the same for males and females? Anthropometric charts show that the 50 percentile male waistline (where you want the belly band to be) is significantly lower for males than females.
Females tend to have shorter torso’s than males, however where the waist straps exit the plate doesn’t mean it stays the same level all the way around. Females tend to have flatter stomachs than males and may ride the belly band higher all the way around, whereas males (typical well fed American middle aged males) tend to have larger guts and the front of the waist strap generally finds it’s position below that. Also, the use of a crotch strap will tend to pull the front of the belly band down forming a “Y”. There is also a factor of whether or not a person uses weight pouches on the waist strap or used a weight belt.
Generally speaking, I fit females into shorter plates than males, but at the same time I try not to overthink it. So far no complaints.

I responded on this thread 11/22/18 post #17 and my original request was on your gmail on 3/22/18. You “liked”the post.

I responded on this thread 11/22/18 post #17 and my original request was on your gmail on 3/22/18. You “liked”the post.
I found you. I had you down by name not internet handle.
You’re 12th down from the top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom