Offshore drilling bill passes house - CONTACT YOUR SENATORS!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I chose not to join America in being a debt *****. I actually have positive money :) I also drive an older vehicle. The downfall to this is it does use more gas, gas is less expensive than gas + car payment though.

I'd honestly like to see people who complain about fossil fuel walk or ride a bicycle, not use any electricity, and pump water from a well. Then come back and talk to about saving the world. Otherwise tits or gtfo.

Bingo! I want pictures of all the electric cars owned by these reactionary do gooder types.

Bingo! I want pictures of all the electric cars owned by these reactionary do gooder types.

C'mon, Valhalla, you know that electric cars need electricity to run, and that's got to come from somewhere :wink:

This winter, I changed my home's oil furnace over to a geothermal system, which uses ground heat, and this got me off a fuel oil habit. In 6.8 years, if fuel oil prices don't go up, the geothermal system will pay for itself. It does need some electricity to run the circulating pump, but it's so relaxing not to watch the oil delivery truck come down the driveway in February. Plus it has a cooling function in the summer, so got AC covered, too.

Now all I have to do is borrow some of my Mennonite neighbour's buggies and buy a horse or two :D A lot of them are putting in geothermal systems, too, so they are ahead of me in self-sufficiency...I have a truck.

C'mon, Valhalla, you know that electric cars need electricity to run, and that's got to come from somewhere :wink:

This winter, I changed my home's oil furnace over to a geothermal system, which uses ground heat, and this got me off a fuel oil habit. In 6.8 years, if fuel oil prices don't go up, the geothermal system will pay for itself. It does need some electricity to run the circulating pump, but it's so relaxing not to watch the oil delivery truck come down the driveway in February. Plus it has a cooling function in the summer, so got AC covered, too.

Now all I have to do is borrow some of my Mennonite neighbour's buggies and buy a horse or two :D A lot of them are putting in geothermal systems, too, so they are ahead of me in self-sufficiency...I have a truck.

How many hippie ****s do you know that are on the path you are and out promoting clean this and that? And how many hippie ****s do you know that aren't and are still out promoting it?

This may not be a popular opinion in-light of the current situation in the Gulf, but is the problem off-shore drilling, or is it ultra deep-water drilling? I'm a firm supporter of an alternate source to fossil fuels, but until this becomes viable in our Society, oil is important to each of us.

I would suggest that we continue off-shore production, but we do it in a responsible way. That the depth of any wellhead be within access to man (we don't explore beyond the depth in-which we can fix a problem), that increased regulation and enforcement be done and increased research & implementation of alternatives be pursued.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom