OH BOY!! Look What I Just Found on the Web!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an instructor, I would never take a person that did this on dives, even in the pool. Bad idea if you ask me...

Just a thought about pool sessions. No need to do it in person. Just have your friend video tape it and mail it to the instructor for a pass or fail grade.

OK..OK... Somebody pour a bucket of water on Mike ...it was only a joke.
I Hope!!

DITTO here!

-Dennis

SARmedic once bubbled...
As an instructor, I would never take a person that did this on dives, even in the pool. Bad idea if you ask me...

This online training is kind of scary... I had 4 full days of classroom/dives for my OW certification and I felt it was not enough. Besides that I had several questions during our classroom time and pool sessions that helped me clarify some concepts. With this online stuff you might get the answer right but maybe dont understand the process...

Diving is not pottery, its a little bit more risky I will say, when are they going to stop playing with peoples health.

bye
ivan

I am NOT, repeat NOT, NADA, NO WAY in favor of the online training courses, but in reality it is not a great lot different from some of the video courses that I've seen done. I'm not even in favor of some of the weekend courses that are conducted because I like the extra time with students to learn a little about them and their lives. Unfortuantely everyone is in such a hurry mode these days that so much "fat" is being trimmed that some of the good meat is getting tossed also. Personally, I'd like to see some of the agencies get brave enough to say, enough is enough, and buckle down and require some stronger courses. Ahhh but the almight dollar won't allow that will it.

"I'd like to see some of the agencies get brave enough to say, enough is enough, and buckle down and require some stronger courses."

Not all agencies have lowered standards.

Back
Top Bottom