OH No! I need to be certified! Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sgmorton

Registered
Reaction score
Hi my name is Sam and I live just outside of Houston in Baytown. My wife and I are going on a cruise June 1. There were a couple of stops where there was going to be diving available so I decide this was a good opportunity to get in to diving. We contacted a private instructor back in March and he asked us to wait until the water in the Blue Lagoon warmed up a bit and to call back in April. I called back April 5th and he asked me to wait a few days as he need to work something out. You should know I have several aquaintences who have used this guy all with rave reviews so I think he's alright. Anyway after a few misses on the phone he told me his employer had not renewed his insurance and that he might resolve in a day or a week or a month! Well I cannot wait any longer I am in fear now that we have waited to long, so I am putting out this plea to help me find a way to get it done. Compounding the issue is the fact that we will not be available the weekend of the 10th of May, and I can't get out of it... Frustration!!!! I have bought a bunch of gear already, (snorkle, mask, fins, computer, reg, octo ) just need a BCD and weights I think. So can anyone help? I am going to call Sea Sports Scuba today and see if they can do a custom class for me. Here's to hoping! Thanks for any help you can offer!

Sam

Sam...I am about 5 miles from you in Highlands! Small world, eh?
I'm am Divemaster and can get you hooked up with several good instructors in the area. There are also a couple I'd like to warn you about, unfortunately. Sea Sports Scuba is a good dive shop.

Send me a private message (just hit the MSG button at the bottom of this post) with your phone number and I'll call you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom