Ohio Dive Buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markyodo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for other central Ohio divers so that we can exchange contact information for local dive excursions this summer.
No one else in my family or friends circle dives. I do visit with the local dive clubs but most have permanent site locations and I would like to be a bit more flexible.

If you add your name I will send you a PM for additional info. I will keep a list current with contact info we can share online among ourselves along with when and where we are diving at any given time.

Thanks.

Some of the Ohio clubs do tend to favor one site over another. Not all of them. I am a member of the Ohio Council of Skin and Scuba Divers Inc. Sort of an umbrella for many of the clubs. There are events at Gilboa, Whitestar, Circleville, and Portage every year. The DAN BBQ is at Portage mid July. There is also Northpointe Quarry in Newark and I was just made aware of Lakeview RV Park near Lancaster. It was featured in the May 2015 issue of Dive Training. Diving
I get out to Gilboa at least twice a year for classes. This year may actually get out there just to have some fun. I hit the DAN BBQ at Portage as well. Have yet to make it to Circleville and only been to Whitestar for ice diving. All of them are a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive for me so I can't go as often as I'd like. Newark is half the drive so may try to get there this year.

So put my name on the list and keep me updated. But use my email below rather than a PM.

Lakeview isn't bad. Usually hardly anyone there. Theres a good bit in there. There's a big plane, couple boats, and a Frito Lay truck are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I believe most of it is around 30 ft but there is a deeper trench that gets to 50ish. Ive never been to the bottom of it due to the poor (no) viz in it. On the topside it is nice. It has a nice platform to set up on

Jim, I've added you to the list.
al248005, I sent you a PM.

I have a consolidated list of dive sites (with links), details, prices, amenities, now I am adding dive buddies that we can share among any one included in the list.
With the list we can keep track of our favorite sites, our open availability, and our scheduled dives.
Thanks.

I am from Toledo area but if you are looking for a buddy for whitestar or gilboa pm me. I am at one or another every weekend usually. Your welcome to join.

Thank you mod8521. I look forward to meeting you.

A primary reason I am trying to gather a list like this is because when I was researching all Ohio dive clubs, local dive club websites, forums, and facebook sites I found that almost all of them are either offline now, or haven't been updated in over 2 years. This is quite discouraging for new divers looking for opportunities to meet new divers and to dive in new places.
I hope people continue to post here and the list grows. This forum seems to be one of the best updated resources.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OhioDiveBuddies/

I have started a private group for this effort. It's not affiliated with any dive club(s).
If you have Facebook feel free to join. Members can add their dive plans and invite other members to join them.
As a member we will utilize a shared Google Docs folder and Facebook tools to help people connect.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom