OK ARIZONA lets try this again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok there was a slight problem Friday night the prevented us from getting a early start so if anyone showed up sorry, though when we did get there somewhat late met with divers from ALL WET....

For 11/1/03

meet at 730 am....get in water by 8am

the plan is to plant a GEOCACHE....

will have snacks and drinks

Hey FishKiller!

My wife and I may be able to join you, but we are fairly new divers, and don't want to impose or cause problems etc. I have a few questions though.. What's a geocache. How deep are you planning to go, and how many dives.
Tony.

Do NOT worry about being new Zellet has like 3 dives after cert.... I have over 75, most of which have been in a lake and with low dive count people so no fear...

what is a Geocache umm www.geocaching.com can explain it online when ya get there I can fill in the blanks

The idea is to place a ammo can under water at the end of yet another rope, so divers and geocachers alike can sign the log under water...

The depth will be no more than 40 feet but the area where we wish to place the cache is like 30 feet deep the viz over the past month has been right around 7 feet, great for newer divers gets ya use to being close to your buddy :)

There will be 1 tank dive for sure... I have 2 LP120s so can stay under for a while Zellet will be diving with a AL65 I will bring 2 tanks for him as well...

there still is a $4 parking fee

more dive information.....

the plan is to connect this rope which will be purchased soon to the end of the bouy (sp?) cable thread it through some bricks, will buy at same time rope, to keep it taught, as it goes out a distance like 250' and attach the ammo can with a sign stating that it is a Geocache and you can sign the log and trade items in the ammo can... the area is flat....

if that doesn't work we'll just dive around

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom