OK how about things you have lost on a dive~

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bethjd:
I've lost a snorkel. I've also lost a stud earring. But it could have been worse. The pair I was wearing were cheap ones that I wear sometimes when I go diving. A friend of mine was diving in Cayman a few years back wearing diamond earrings and lost one. :11:

Well, I'm not that friend... but there is a very nice diamond earring down by Akumal in the Riviera Maya. I'd had them in my ears for 10 years... through all kinds of things... never even thought about it. But I think about it now!!! sigh...lesson learned.

I didn't actually lose anything on a dive but decided to post anyways. While in the Navy, I was surfing in La Jolla during the big surf of 1983. I had recently purchased a self-winding Seiko dive watch and was wearing it that day. Well a huge set came in and I ended up pearling; an epic elevator drop right off the face of the wave. When I surfaced, I realized my watch was gone. The band was still on my wrist; the pin had actually broken. Heart broke and temporarily insane, I did a freedive in this rough surf and FOUND my watch. Later that week I purchased a set of heavy pins from Seiko. I wore it every day since and it never came off my wrist after that episode. I retired that watch 2 yrs. ago due to it finally giving up it's ghost, but still have it and a small ziplock bag with 4 extra pins.

I can't think of anything equipment wise that I've lost on a dive in the last 45 years. However, I have lost my patience a few times with some disturbing divers who were harrassing the fish and invertebrates. Does that count?

Oops, wait a minute... maybe I've posted this already. I did lose my company car keys on one dive and my girlfriend's company car (same company) keys on another. Neither were recovered until the next day.

justin-branam:
everytime i go diving i lose that little "+" sign in front of the number at the bottom of my bank statement.

Haha.... yeah... thought that was just me! Funny how that happens eh!?! :shakehead

Got another one to add to that... a pair of earings while wreck diving in Aruba... it was kinda funny because I actually heard a 'ping' as they popped (back came of them or what have you)... ... a dive knife, one fin, and one mask clip.
The fin jumpped over board on a night dive in Nova Scotia along with my knife and as for the mask clip... your guess is a good as mine!
Aussie

A knife (those giant strides off the Spree are a killer), several snorkels (tucked into BC but not secured), and a camera. Was diving off of Curacao, with a very positively buoyant Reefmaster; for whatever reason, I didn't have the lanyard on, accidently let go, and up it went. I started to follow it rapidly to the top, realized that it was a stupid thing to do, and slowly ascended. By the time I surfaced, it was nowhere in site. The seas weren't that high, and it didn't take that long to surface, so I never understood how it could disappear that quickly. Fortunately, I hadn't taken that many pictures, but was not happy about losing a completely outfitted (strobe, lenses) camera.

lynny_lynny:
I will begin with my Canon digital in it's Ikelite casing. It came un-tethered to me in really bad weather.
Me too!

Mine was found by a really nice diver on our boat, who pulled it up from around 100' using a steel 72, a double hose reg, no BC and no wetsuit. and he gave it back.

That's when I changed the tether from a crappy plastic coiled-cord thing to 1/4" nylon rope with stainless-steel snap bolts.

Terry

This was not in the water but I was on a private live aboard in Palau and we had gotten on board and I was pulling out the integrated weights in my BC and accidently threw it overboard. I went back in but never did find it...:shakehead

Lost geez ... had a pontoon do a submarine lost a brand new ... never dove it yet mask ... in 700ft of water. Along with a bottom timer and fins.

Lost a gold chain ... 8mm solid rope that was 20 inches long. If you find one on the City of Washington or somewere on Pickles it must be mine. You can just send it right back to me at ....

once i lost my hose and my main regulator in a big tide it was rather frustrating and scary at the same time. but oh well that sort of thing happens,. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom