Ok, how do you use this tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its designed to be used in smokey or hazardous atmospheres. You actually place the plastic bag over your head,with the elastic around your neck.

C'mon Ron. Didn't your Mom teach you not to put plastic bags over your head? :rofl3::rofl3:

Sorry buddy, couldn't resist! :lotsalove:

:zen:

These were big in NYC in the immediate aftermath of 9/11. There was a shop on Ann Street, just across Broadway and a couple of blocks from the WTC, that specialized in devices like this. You could also get potassium iodide pills for protection against dirty bombs (or reactor meltdowns--I'm not sure which, but not both) and my personal favorite, a parachute for safely evacuating high-rise offices via the window.

Being a native of New York City, you really won't get far in 5 minutes. However, according to some friends down there, you would not believe the items that were purchased down there after 9/11. Remember the guy that wraped his home in plastic?:rofl3:

Nice to come up with stuff to to make a profit off of PANICED people. There is a time and a place for them but the general public would never figure out in time to do much good.:shakehead:

Gary D.

These are used in industrial applications. Petrochemical plants etc. For example where I work there could be a leak that would cause Hydrogen Sulfide levels to reach unsafe levels, and something like this could allow you to get out to clean air.

Just think of it as a portable version of the oxygen masks that pop down in a plane in case of cabin depressurization. I think it's kinda cool, though!

Its designed to be used in smokey or hazardous atmospheres. You actually place the plastic bag over your head,with the elastic around your neck.

I actually thought you were joking and had a right old laugh to myself! haha

Back
Top Bottom