• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

OK, who else enjoys motorcycling when not getting wet?

Discussion in 'Non-Diving Related Stuff' started by flyboy08, Feb 16, 2019.

1. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Solo Diver

What about getting wet on a slow bike?
    No Tony Bou, but still fun. No type A personalities. Slow and deliberate.

FezUSA and flyboy08 like this.
  2. Coztick

Coztick Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Agreed! It's not the bike that gets the ticket. My Busa will roll through a parking lot at a snails pace just fine.
    "Too much power" = lack of self control.
    That said, I've chosen to pull the trigger a few times when the risk is mine alone.
    That's what makes the track so appealing. You are expected to go as fast as you dare while refining skills that make you a better driver/rider.
    My grandson will be karting next year at 5yrs old as he is getting bored with the modified power wheels he has now.
    After joining half way through last season, I was shocked and amazed at how fast the children in the club can go.
    I really strugled to get my lap times as low as the 10 yr olds! I'd driven/ridden for 38 yrs and these kids were way faster than I could go.
    And racing parents are awesome!
    Unlike the belligerent hockey dads behaving like A$$ES in front of their children.
    Btw, True race karts are nothing like the crap you rent. My Rotax is a 28hp 2 sroke that revs to 14k and a 125cc shifter can be over 50hp through a 6spd trans. 4 wheel disc brakes, generate 3g's in a corner and take all you have as a driver.

Cheers

Saboteur and flyboy08 like this.
  3. flyboy08

flyboy08 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    That looks like fun.

Coztick likes this.
  4. Coztick

Coztick Barracuda

You trials riders seem to defy physics, hopping from obstacle to obstacle, balanced on one wheel, full stop and then explode up a vertical wall!?!
    Looks like an incredible workout and big fun!

5. arew+4

arew+4 Barracuda

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    83? GPZ550 begat
    88 600 Ninja begat
    93 ZX7 begat
    2001 ZRX1200, now sitting in garage on dry rotted tires, providing habitat for wayward field mice. :(

Edit:
    Forgot to mention my "wife's" 250 Ninja I forget what year it was, but it used to park next to the seven.

flyboy08 likes this.
  6. broncobowsher

broncobowsher Solo Diver

As shown in the video, it isn't all huge rock hopping tricks. The entry level stuff (that is my video). Tire never left the ground. No hopping (I know a lot of riders who can't hop). The entry level stuff is all pretty slow as well. For all practical purposes there is no difference between a pro bike and a beginner. I've watched a world round, open a box with a brand new bike in it, put it together, ride a world class event, then sell the bike to a local novice rider so they don't have to ship it home. It is the rider, not the machine.

A more fun look at it

Coztick likes this.
  7. Coztick

Coztick Barracuda

Couldn't agree more.
    As stated in my first post, when I started karting, there were children driving much faster than I could!
    Good luck becoming one with your chosen machine. If it was easy, it would get old fast.

8. Saboteur

Saboteur Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    VFR's are fantastic. I had a '95 and an '03. I loved those bikes.

Sam Miller III and StefinSB like this.
  9. Saboteur

Saboteur Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Yep, too many self absorbed texters now. I'm in a 4 wheeled CBR600RR.... the Honda S2000.

Hoag and flyboy08 like this.
  10. Nicholas Harvey

Nicholas Harvey Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Nick Tail of the Dragon Oct 2017 1.jpg
    In my younger years I did some track stuff on a Yamaha 600 but these days I prefer to cruise on my Ducati Multistrada 1200s... my dive buddy, wife and all round cool chick rides her own BMW G650GS...
    Cheryl Tail of the Dragon Oct 2017.jpg

FezUSA likes this.