Okay what spare parts to buy and bring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozumel diving with Scuba Club Cozumel
They are a Premier, high quality dive operator. There is nothing they can't fix or replace with rental/loaner.

You could show up to the dock almost naked and they would have you completely setup for diving in less than 30 minutes. They have so much equipment, gear, tools and parts!

Pack light, Rest Easy, You are going to be well taken care of and will have a fantastic trip!

Call me crazy or lazy, but I would have everything serviced and checked before heading out. Maybe a spare mask.
Never had any gear failure on a dive trip ( day trip or week long live aboard) in 25 years of diving.

Call me crazy or lazy, but I would have everything serviced and checked before heading out. Maybe a spare mask.
Never had any gear failure on a dive trip ( day trip or week long live aboard) in 25 years of diving.

Everything is brand new and Regulators was bench tested.

It was probably listed in the links, but I have not seen the following yet:
Extra fin strap

And everything above...and everything below.

Good luck, safe travels and drink a Bohemia Obscura for me...or 10...

Jay

They are a Premier, high quality dive operator. There is nothing they can't fix or replace with rental/loaner.

You could show up to the dock almost naked and they would have you completely setup for diving in less than 30 minutes. They have so much equipment, gear, tools and parts!

Pack light, Rest Easy, You are going to be well taken care of and will have a fantastic trip!

This. Even if something happens out on the water, the boat probably has a kit aboard with a few basic tools and things--certainly things like spare o-rings and zip ties. At least that's been my experience with other high quality dive ops.

1 zip tie. And some duck tape?

You can gear up to totally overhaul your stuff and save everything with a huge bag of spares.

Things will happen. How often? Mostly never!

Many years ago I started to accumulate spare gear based upon the worst case scenario. I now have a sh*t load of extra crap. Never used any of it - except for a few zip ties.

All brand-new gear, and what I assume is a first dive trip. I'M excited.

It’s located in the low pressure hose for the inflator valve and is what makes it work.
ah. Roger that. I usually bring a spare power inflator in its entirety. The one time I tried to have one fixed, it failed the first time out after the shop worked on it.. and the whole thing is only $20 brand new so in my mind the power inflator is disposable.

Everything is brand new and Regulators was bench tested.

Don't assume that just because your gear is new, it will work once you hit the water. You should have time the day you get there to do a shake out shore dive. I highly recommend you complete this quick shore dive as you can confirm your rig is working and you can also dial in your weights. Have fun and dive safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom