Okinawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

takoyaki

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I've just finished a hard season guiding in Burma and am dying to get back to Japan, my girlfriend and my life! But I know I will miss the diving immensely. In 4 years living in J-land, I only ever did one dive..at Miyakejima. It was nothing to write home about.
I see threads here that say Okinawa is awesome. My question; why...what do you see there? Is it worth regular trips from Tokyo, or am I better off flying elsewhere for the same money?
Any info/advice would be great! Thanks.

Okinawa has a variety of awesome reefs and fish life second to none. We have mantas, tons of reef fish, sharks and more. Depending on the island and time of year you can see just about anything. Do you have something in mind that you are looking to see?

When I was in Okinawa a hundred years ago, Tokashiki Island, just a short ferry ride from Okinawa, had some of the best diving in the pacific.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom