Old Dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm trying to touch base with anyone who knows the owner of this one shop... The guy was a big part of my youth and feeding my drive to be a wreck diver...

Jim...

There are several sources for dive shop names, 1) the now defunct. "Skin Diver Magazine: a magazine for skin divers and spear fishermen," which published listings of both dive shops and dive clubs 2) a number of vintage books contained the same information in the same format .

If I had additional information such as approximate year (s) location such as street name and approximate block number I could review my resources and probably provide you with a name,

But I won't !

SDM

Well Sam, If you would change your mind....:rofl3: The address would have been like
5660 Old Sunrise Hwy
Massapequa, NY 11758

Sports and touring garage was on the next lot in the back... They were a scuba pro dealer... And that old two man yellow sub in the front yard....

Jim....

Sam is west coast I'm East coast. The shop is Divers Way. Bob Debonna. Big inflatable gorilla out front. Where in Maine you live?The guy from Turkey cracks me up.

I know stuff also. One of the best collections in the country. Will post a nice Central Skin Divers catalog cover next week.

Well, I'm trying to touch base with anyone who knows the owner of this one shop... The guy was a big part of my youth and feeding my drive to be a wreck diver...

Jim...
The shop on Jamaica near 160th in NY was Central Skindiver's, famous for their ads featuring "Honest Archie." I remember it well, and I grew up on the West Coast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom