Old Guy new to the Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coldiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi everyone.:wavey:

I grew up near the Saratoga Springs/ Glens Falls area of New York State. Now I live in Reno, Nevada. Growing up I spent a lot of time in the lakes or rivers. My first dive (pre certified) was on an old backpack, no flotation,full foot fins,and a huge oval high volume mask made by AMF. What freedom!!! I was about ten.
In '85 my snorkling buddy and I got certified by Naui. In '86 Iwent to the College of Oceaneering-got my surface supplied air and Dive medic in Hyperbarics.Iworked in the commercial dive field in California and North Carolina and did a hitch with the US Marines in between. I joined the Corps when I was 31!:confused:
Now i'm 50-just a sport diver,PADI Divemaster,and haven't had the urge to get into a lot of Tech gear or dive the mix (yet).

WELCOME! I found this board just this month and it's been a lot of fun. Okay... maybe it's been a little too much fun!

I've read about diving up in your (new) area... cold is right! I hear there's some lady floating around in the depths of Lake Tahoe (I could have the wrong lake- it's pretty late for me in Ohio!) who apparently froze when the boat sank- dressed 1900s style...

Have fun here! Although I see from your posts that you probably already ARE!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Sit back and relax. Lots of good information and people here.

Hi from another old, new guy. I joined the Canadian army, (infantry, P.P.C.L.I.) and went through basic etc at 17. Darn near killed me at that age, can't imagine being a fng at 31:11:

Dave:D

Welcome to SB, If you have any questions about diving this is the place to be.
Happy diving:D

Welcom to SB

Keep wet:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom