old ikelite sl1 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ken swanson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I bought my ikelite housing for my SL1 100d a year ago .Now I find that they don`t make that housing anymore.Was there a design problem? Not sure what to do

I bought my ikelite housing for my SL1 100d a year ago .Now I find that they don`t make that housing anymore.Was there a design problem? Not sure what to do

It's a 4 year old camera that isn't a flagship model. Fairly common to discontinue older models. No issues according to Google. Ikelite has been prompt replying to their website contact form if you want to check with them.

I have no connection to ikelite.

Regards,
Cameron

No design problem at all. In fat it's been stellar hit as a SLR housing with the DLM (Dry Lock Mirrorless sized) port system plus being able to utilize almost all Canon EF and EF-S popular lenses for UW shooting.

Ikelite started using their light gray polycarbonate for the main body of SLR and Mirrorless housings and now simply offer an updated version.

Ports, TTL circuitry and all else including a clear back to see your controls is the same.

David Haas
Haas Photography Inc.
www.haasimages.com
Ikelite and Fantasea dealer and actual user :)

Thanks , I thought there was some major design flaw. Ikelite did not respond to e-mail.thanks again

Back
Top Bottom