Old OMS manifold still considered "safe"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tmassey
they're made by Blue Steel, all parts are still available from Lake Jocassee Scuba. I'm not aware of any of those manifolds being 207mm, only the Sherwoods.
Blue Steel made the face seal and the barrel o-ring seals simultaneously. They are not Sherwood design, completely different sealing type.

From the pix, they'll take standard bands, and the parts are hard to find, but possible, just have to ask nicely.

@TrimixToo Lake Jocassee has the burst discs too btw

@tbone1004, to clarify, there are two distinct styles. There's the run-of-the-mill thread size on the new(er) ones, and a larger thread size on the older ones. It's the burst discs and/or burst disc assemblies for the latter that might be hard to find for LP steel tanks. If Lake Jocassee has those, great! I'll order some to go with the mothballed manifold. You never know when you might want another set of doubles, right?

@TrimixToo I know they're the janky ones. I got a couple this summer. They have a huge box full of them. I only get 3500psi service pressure discs, but they asked me what pressure I wanted, so I assume they have the LP ones as well

Currently have these mounted on my double 10 and they are fine.

Anyone know where to get the end caps so I can break the set apart to make a pair of sidemount tanks?

Wh
Anyone know where to get the end caps so I can break the set apart to make a pair of sidemount tanks?
Which thread style do you have? I might have some lying around in a drawer.

Those are no longer made so you'll need to find "old stock" or used ones. If you have 3/4" necks its easier to just replace the valves with L/R ones

Yes, that is where my other "uncommon-side" valves are from. If I can find the end caps then I save some money. All the potential issues relate to them being manifolded together.

Wh

Which thread style do you have? I might have some lying around in a drawer.
Not sure, I don't have possession of the tanks yet. Do you mean the threads that go into the tank? Or the threads needed for the end cap?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom