old regulators still being used ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Do you still have an old regulator that you sometimes use ? I own a 1968 VOIT Titan II J and a 1970 U.S. Divers Aquamaster doublehose I sometime use. My newest regulator is a Mares Abyss I received after trading in a 1987 Dacor Pacer that was used every year by my wife until parts became hard to find. My "pride and joy" is a Scubapro MK10 from the 80s that I still have as my "backup" regulator.

I somtimes dive my Voit MR-12 and my Dacor 300 and 300J.

I bought a USDivers Conshelf XII first and second a while back. Nice reg, but I have since gotten different gear I like just as well. Local shop misadjusted the second and refused to adjust it without charging me, so I have not been using it since I had it overhauled and am trying to sellit so I can buy some tanks. http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=176388
It's a good reg and I'd have kept using it but it didn't have enough LP ports. I ended up buying another first before another Scubaboard user gave me an LP splitter. If I'd met him before I bought this other first, I'd still be using the Conshelf.

I have a lot of old stuff but am overhauling a Voit 50 Fathom double hose-The blue painted brass one. DA Aquamaster, old Conshelfs single hose, Voit 40 Fathom single, Dacor Darts, etc. Dove them all. A couple need some TLC but am working on full restoration for them all. Also have a NOS Conshelf 6 non-magnetic that has never been wet. Waiting for a new run of gray silicone hoses for the Voit 50. I like diving them.

I mostly dive Royal Aqua Masters, occasionally I may dive an early 1960's Mistral. Some of my Royal's are DA Aqua Master that I have converted with the Phoenix first stage (one was a late 1950, Pico Ave. DA Aqua Master).

When I feel like diving a single hose I use one of my early 1970's Scubapro Mk-5/ adjustable second (upgraded to balanced adj.) or more likely my old Poseidon Cyklon 300 second stage with a Conshelf first stage.

I do own several of the new plastic regulators, but prefer a well tuned, highly reliable metal regulator. My wife does like her Scubapro D400, which is a very nice regulator.

Back
Top Bottom