Old scuba wetsuit logo ID?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brauem

Registered
Reaction score
i have this old wetsuit with a logo ive never seen before... i first thought Healthways, but when i search google images for Healthways scuba, i dont see anything like it. Any ideas? Probably from the early 1970s or late 1960s. Aluminum zipper. GEDC2020.jpg

Harveys

What Dumptster said.

Harvey's Sporting Goods, Inc.
2003 Emmons Ave.
Brooklyn, 35, N.Y.
(Telephone) SHeepshead 3-0054

I still have a few items I bought there. One of the original east coast scuba superstores, along with Richard's Aqua-Lung Center in Manhattan's Times Square. They go way back, to the 1950s.

I think both used to run full page ads in Skin Diver magazine listing dozens of items.

I have used Harvey's wet suits, and I always thought they were out of Seattle, not New York. Here's their current website:

Harvey's Skin Diving Supply, Inc.

The Orca was a Pacific Northwest style logo. Here is the history of Harvey's:

SeaRat

That's cool that they are still around. They were popular suits up here when I started diving in '74. I assumed that they had gone out of business years ago. Good for them!

I have used Harvey's wet suits, and I always thought they were out of Seattle, not New York. Here's their current website:

where do you see New York? the website indicates Kent, WA (near Seattle)

edit: sorry, didn't see the other post giving a New York address. I think the one in New York is unrelated.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom