Old version Mares Genius dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peter Buzzacott

Registered
Reaction score
This is a bit of a long-shot but I am hoping someone might have some information about the old version of the Mares Genius dive computer. I’ve attached a photo of it.
In particular, I am looking for information regarding how to charge it. It was given to me while I was living in North Carolina, but it did not come with a charger. All the previous owner told me was that he bought it in Europe before moving to the US. I am hoping I can buy a variable “trickle” charger and get this thing working again.
The transmitter states it is compatible with Uwatec computers, and the battery is marked Uwatec, so I am guessing it was made by Uwatec for Mares.
Interestingly, (for me), when I opened it I got covered in mineral oil. I haven’t had that happen before.
Anyway, any information will be very welcome indeed.
All the best,

Attachments

• 20210327_174244.jpg
    20210327_174244.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 141
Turns out, it may not be rechargeable and may run on a 'primary cell'. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find a user manual for this dive computer?

Turns out, it may not be rechargeable and may run on a 'primary cell'. Does anyone have any suggestions where I might find a user manual for this dive computer?
If it was oil filled and has Uwatec markings inside it would make lots of sense to use the same battery as the Uwatec Aladin line of dive computers.

Give us a pic of the battery as well as the sealing membrane.

@DIVEWATCHDOCTOR

…could be able to help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom