Older Ikelite housing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skookumchuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've purchased an older Ikelite housing intended for an slr film camera. I've adjusted it to accept my Kodak Z740 and now I'm trying to get the flash to work. I removed the existing hardware from inside the housing at the synch cord port and wired a remote sensor to the posts that I've taped over the flash on the camera. This arrangement worked outside the housing but not through the synch cord. Does anyone know if the piece that I removed is intended to boost the signal from the camera through the synch cord? It has a place for a AA battery and a large blue and small multicolored transistor.
Andrew.

OK, so It's a year later did you ever get it to work? I'd love to try it. My Kodak work great I'm familiar with it and would like an easy learning curve underwater.

I got it to work, but poorly. The slave sensor would trigger the strobe on the first flash that the camera emitted to set its f-stop and then miss the flash for exposure. I did get some available light shots but here in B.C. a strobe is a must. I've since decided that the best way to get good underwater pictures is to dive with a good underwater photographer.

Thanks for the info, my dive buddy is way better than I am. I feel bad about pictures of him, though. I'll probably get a canon as the wife wants a new camera anyway,maybe she'll share. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom