Oldschool - We Sometimes Know So Little

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
On April 22nd, while vacationing in Hawaii, I received a call from a long time dive buddy. A diver's body had been found in Stillhouse Hollow Lake in Belton, Texas the day before. Upon my return, I discovered that the diver was Bob Tarbet. Bob had contacted me last year after seeing my name on Scubaboard, asking to dive with him at Stillhouse, Over the next few months we made several dives together and I truly enjoyed his company. Bob was a very competent diver. Unfortunately, it took me reading his obituary to really learn about Bob. He was 77 years old and had learned to dive at the age of 75. He was a retired Army Lieutenant Colonel who graduated from West Point and served two tours in Vietnam. Bob was also an Episcopal priest. He left a wife, two children, grand and great grand children. Bob will be truly missed and I ask that everyone keep him and his family in their thoughts and prayers. I also ask that you take time to get to know those who you meet, regardless of how brief the meeting may be. I know I will from now on.

Great tribute, and equally great lesson. Thank you.

my condolences to you, his family, and friends....divers lives matter.

my condolences to his family, friends and all that cared for him. thank you for sharing this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom