OLY E-M1 New Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't looked at all the data, but why is the 12-40 desirable as an underwater lens over say the 12-50. Don't get me wrong, I'd love the 12-40 for land work, but I'm not usually shooting f2.8 underwater.
Is the image quality that much better?

I'd love to have the 12-40 and if it's the most awesome underwater lens ever, then I can somewhat justify my indulgence.

It appears to me from the chart that you will need the port adapter and the old 4/3 11-22/14-54 port for the 12-40 F/2.8 zoom and that it will NOT work with the current stock Pen/OMD m43 port. I may be wrong but if you follow the lines this lens only seems to be supported by that one port. If you are talking about the Athena 100mm dome port the issue will be is it the correct length and I am sure Athena will have that information up on their site as soon as they can get a housing for testing.

I intend to use this lens with the ZEN 170mm optical glass dome port to get the best results at all ranges of the lens rather than a flat port.

Phil

It would be interesting to see a housing AND a port for the Zuiko 7-14mm! Best wide lens made for FT ever...

tamas, that is the point of the adapter for the 4/3 lens ports. You can already use the Z 7-14 and an Olympus zoom in the 7-14 range is coming for M43 as well.

Phil

Great port Bob but I don't think it is going to work with the 12-40 zoom at the wider end of the lens.

Phil

The E-M1 review is now posted on DPReview.com as well as the DXO sensor review. The DPReview is excellent and leaves little doubt that the only real step up from this camera would be to go with a 36MP full frame camera. They also point out that the lens range exceeds that of lenses for the APS-C lines of cameras.

Phil Rudin

12-40 Pro shipped today. Should have it in a few days. Still considering the EM-1 for the video aspect...

12-40 Pro shipped today. Should have it in a few days. Still considering the EM-1 for the video aspect...

What port would you use this with? I have 3 ports zen port for the 9-18, standard flat port and the macro port for the 60mm

Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom